My second book is forthcoming. Its working title is Welcome to Your Body: Centering Your Body in Your Life. It focuses on the process, including practical approaches, to bringing your moving body into how you perceive yourself and your world.
In the meantime, check out my first book, Laban/Bartenieff Movement Studies: Contemporary Applications here. This book evokes the reader’s sensate moving body as they learn about Laban/Bartenieff Movement Studies. Because the L/BMS field is diverse and dynamic, it features the writing of many colleagues who use L/BMS to shed new light on their interests.
I also write a monthly article, sometimes with Janice Meaden, for Integrated Movement Studies. These articles share the wealth of meaning and value in Laban/Bartenieff Movement Studies (L/BMS).
Here are a few examples:
- Function and Expression: Moving the Fullness of our Humanity
- What Does it Mean to Perceive Movement Through Laban/Bartenieff Movement Studies?
- Strategies for Sanctuary: Taking Refuge in Your Moving Body
- Movement, The Stress Cycle, and You
- What is Laban/Bartenieff Movement Studies and Why Use It?
- Moving Through the Observation Process
- The Observation Process: More Information
- Irmgard Bartenieff’s Lost Gems